The everyday life of an amateur Mother, gardener baker and cook.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Scramble-ishis!!

You say tofu, I say delicious!




Ok, I have something to admit.... I am truly a wannabe hippie, but don't tell anyone. I like to think that I live my food life on the edge, always coming up with fun and healthy ideas, never caving in on those oh-so-yummy teen burgers. But, I am not perfect, and before yesterday I had never cooked up a tofu scramble.

To be perfectly honest I don't ever really cook with tofu at all. But I saw the recipe in passing in a magazine and have tried something similar when out to breakfast with my truly (not a wannabe) hippie sister. So I thought, why the heck not!

I chopped up all my veggies, and like the scramble I had tasted before, I decided to add some curry paste for extra goodness!
Now, one thing I do know about tofu is that you have to dry it out a bit in paper towel. So I sliced it up, pressed it between the paper towel to soak the moistness out, then crumbled it up into the bowl.




I cooked up the garlic, onion, pepper, mush and broc for a few minutes, then added the spinach, tomato, tofu and a couple spoons of the curry paste. Once it was all hot and mixed together I topped it with cilantro and enjoyed it all on my english muffin.
It tasted remarkably like scrambled eggs and even the two year old ate it up!

Perhaps now with one more notch on my belt in the area of vegan cooking I can start to consider myself at least part hippie? Or perhaps I am destined to be an amateur one of those too..... sigh......

No comments:

Post a Comment